Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Even if we didn't get a good start on 2009 we still have a chance to make it the best year yet!

Here are some quotes from a newsletter I get from Dan Miller, www.48days.com

-Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~Benjamin Franklin

-Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past. ~Henry Ward Beecher

-We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

-The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul……… Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. ~G.K. Chesterton

I like these quotes because they remind me I can make a new start. I want to intentionally start over, refocus, reset my course to a good destination, and make sure I'm following as close as possible to the one who knows the future. I like to think these words from Jeremiah apply to all of us each New Year, and each new day, "'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Looking forward to the gift this New Year represents, Pastor Noel

1 comment:

Gale said...

Look at you!!! Snuck in under the wire. Now I can keep tabs on you. I like your site. I will put a link on my blog so I don't need to go find you.